Bottled ByHeaven Hill Distilleries, Inc. Bardstown,KY
TypeStraight Corn Whiskey
Alcohol content100 Proof
Availability US: Available Japan: Unknown Duty Free: Unknown Europe: Unknown
Mashbill InfoKentucky Straight Corn Whisky
Age4
Views (since 20080612) 14187
Bottling InfoBottled in Bond

Review from MikeK (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 564, Created:20060807152915) View discussion on this review.
Purchased at:Near Lawrenceburg KY
Purchased for:$9.15
Nose:Primarily corn and corn oil. Lesser fragrances of fruit, licorice and circus peanuts.
Taste:Very sweet and fruity with a solid flavor and body. Pronounced corn flavor with an oily mouth feel. A little bitey with a tingle not unlike a carbonated soda. A slight hint of root beer.
Finish:Short corn flavored finish. Sweet fading to slightly bitter.
Overall:

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from Mike (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 169)
Purchased at:Sigman Bottle Shop, Conyers, GA
Purchased for:Not much
Nose:Buttered corn, sugar, smells warm
Taste:Smooth sweetness, never guess that it is 100 proof because it is more like an 80 proof taste. Not a lot of complexity
Finish:A sweet residual taste that is not distinctive to me, a bit bland.
Overall:I was expecting to like this whiskey, and even wanted to! And, it is not bad, just doesn't offer much satisfaction. To me, it seems a poor cousin to bourbon. It lacks complexity, depth, and character. There is no challenge here. I don't know what to do with the rest of the bottle. I am tempted to have my wife put it in her pound cake, or put it on popcorn. I know some people really like this stuff, and I wish I could give them the rest of this bottle. Maybe on another day??

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from bourbonv (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 122) View discussion on this review.
Purchased at:Liquor Outlet in Shively
Info on this bottle:Standard bottle from liqor store
Proof Of this Bottle:100
Nose:Rich corn, silks, husk and in all other forms.
Taste:Sweet rich corn with a hint of vanilla with a little fire in the back of the throat to remind you this is whiskey.
Finish:Long and pleasant with a corn sweetnes and a hint of oak.
Overall:This is my favorite corn whiskey and the more I try it, the more I begin to think this is my favorite Heaven Hill product. It is that good.

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews