Bourbon Reviews:

Bottling NameOld Charter 10
Bottled ByBuffalo Trace Distillery Frankfort,KY
TypeKentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Alcohol content86 Proof
Availability US: Available Japan: Unknown Duty Free: Unknown Europe: Unknown
Age10
Views (since 20080612) 29856
Bottling InfoThis medium-gold whiskey presents aromas showing a honeyed sweetness playing off some drier peppery notes and a hint of old leather. The body is very big, and the palate is elegant and rich, with the toffee sweetness playing off a potpourri of spices. The finish is long and smooth.

This whiskey should be reserved for postprandial consumption, where it should be served neat (although it does work well over ice).

- WINE Enthusiast Magazine & Great Bourbon Website

Review from Watson Roadster (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 2168, Created:20130315204528)
Purchased at:LCBO Hamilton,Ontario
Purchased for:$34.20 CDN
Info on this bottle:Old Charter Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey...Aged 10 Years
Nose:Corn...Butter....Oak...A bit of alcohol
Taste:Corn sweetness with oak and barrel char...Some peppery spice on the tongue...Very well constructed!
Finish:Medium in length...The oak is definately there but so is a honeylike flavour
Overall:This is a basic,simple,no nonsense bourbon.Not terribly complex,but solid all the way through.No frill,nothing fancy..Just good stuff...It's a bit pricey up here but would be worth getting again...Try it,you'll like it!

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from BourbonDave (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1662, Created:20090827182431)
Purchased at:Liquor Barn, Lexington, KY
Purchased for:$16
Info on this bottle:750ml 10 yr
Nose:Sweet corn and some of the wood. Has some light floral qualities to it.
Taste:Sweet up front, the mouthfeel is definitely buttery. A little bit of alcohol picks through toward mid palate.
Finish:I'll agree with the other reviews. The finish is really nice considering this is only 86 proof. Not as dry as its cousin AAA 10yr, which I think I prefer.
Overall:I think this is a good bourbon especially for the price. I like the flavor of AAA 10yr better, and I like the proof of Charter 101 better. You should try it. I think there are better budget bourbons out there, but this is a respectable pour.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from Kendall (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 894, Created:20071110132633)
Purchased at:Liquor Mart II, Richmond, Ky.
Purchased for:16.9
Info on this bottle:standard botle
Proof Of this Bottle:86
Nose:corn, wood
Taste:easy to drink, sweet, oily feel, warm
Finish:lingering, silky, pleasant
Overall:very nice for the money

Review from bourbonv (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 419, Created:20060318075058)
Purchased at:Bourbon's Bistro Bar
Purchased for:5.00
Info on this bottle:Standard Bottle
Proof Of this Bottle:86
Nose:Caramel corn and oak with floral tones.
Taste:Caramel and vanilla with some pepper spice leading into some oak wood.
Finish:Long and sweet with caramel and spice.
Overall:Nice neat but would also make a good manhattan or julep.

Review from Brewer (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 314, Created:20051128081534)
Purchased at:One of the internet sites...sometime ago
Purchased for:?
Info on this bottle:Distilled by Old Charter Distillery Co., Frankfort KY
Nose:Sweet buttered corn-on-the-cob...with extra butter. A bit of alcohol aroma, but not overpowering.
Taste:Initially, there's lots of sweetness. I get a slight tingly salty sensation on my tongue as I swirl it around my mouth. This nicely compliments the sweet flavors of the buttered corn along with autumnal oak. I note some leathery flavors along with black pepper. Its a well rounded, smooth taste.
Finish:The finish is of medium length and is nice and smooth. It has a nice warming sensation that reminds me of golden blossom honey.
Overall:I like all the Old Charter bottlings. On its own, the 10 Year Old is very good. I've been enjoying this for a few days now after a period of having not visited this bottling. I can't recall the price I paid for this, but I believe it was quite reasonable. Given the quality of this bourbon & its ball-park price range, I'd say this is a bourbon you can not go wrong with. It is a very nice, easy drinkin bourbon. Check it out!

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews