Bottling NameOld Ezra
Bottled ByDavid Sherman/Luxco St. Louis,Mo
TypeKentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Alcohol content101 Proof
Availability US: Unknown Japan: Unknown Duty Free: Unknown Europe: Unknown
Age7
Views (since 20080612) 24021
Bottling Info

Review from flyfish (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 2008, Created:20111108165308)
Purchased at:Walt Churchill's. Toledo, OH
Purchased for:13.69
Info on this bottle:Std. bottle
Nose:Vanilla, caramel
Taste:Dark chocolate, citrus, cloves, and lots of sweetness
Finish:The initial sweetness gives way to a dry, lingering finish. Rub your tongue across the roof our your mouth and it comes back really nice.
Overall:My wife said she was feeling guilty of infidelity--because she liked Old Ezra at least as much as AAA YO and Very Old Barton. Regardless of the price, OE 101 is one of our favorite pours.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from Mike (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1939, Created:20110319172548)
Purchased at:A new liquor store - can't remember
Purchased for:$12.99
Info on this bottle:Same as above
Nose:Lots of vanilla, corn, char, oak, leather, and caramel, the alcohol and the rye are quite subdued. Excellent nose which leaves great expectations.
Taste:A soft opening that is lightly sweet and subtle but still nicely viscous with corn, vanilla, and caramel, just as the nose foretold. The mid-palate spice lights a small fire that burns to the back with cinnamon, ginger, and a bit of pepper. A nicely complex bourbon with surprising balance and smooth delicacy.
Finish:Moderately long, moderately spicy, and moderately dry.
Overall:Reminds me of an excellent higher proof Jack Daniels with a bit less char. This bourbon is quite smooth with no edges and no faults.........especially for the money. I recommend it without hesitation.

Registered users can make comments on this review...Already registered? Log in here

Review from corvidan (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 1579, Created:20090521230033)
Purchased at:Marketview Liquor, Henrietta, NY
Purchased for:cheap
Nose:Alcohol and leather with hints of vanilla and Kentucky subsoil.
Taste:It's all good. Full and robust but leather and charred wood stand out.
Finish:Seemingly short and dry but has a lingering wood and rye bite. Fantastic!
Overall:Delicious! I wish it were commonly available in NY State. But, then again, my parole officer might have concerns about that. Cheers!

Review from bourbonv (BourbonEnthusiast Review ID 388, Created:20060315171633) View discussion on this review.
Purchased at:Bourbon's Bistro Bar
Purchased for:6.00
Info on this bottle:Standard Bottle
Proof Of this Bottle:101
Nose:Old leather and vanilla with dark fruit - dates and a little nutmeg spice.
Taste:Old leather and vanilla with oak wood and pepper spice - a warm aolcohol burn on the tongue.
Finish:Suprisingly short and dry.
Overall:Good neat, but even better in an old fashioned cocktail.

Search the bourbon reviews:
Display All Bottlers
Display All Reviews